Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back to Baltarstar...

I've decided to go back to the original title. I may keep this stylish design though - Baltar loves stylish suits, and he'd like to see his blog done in good style. Also, I apparently can't navigate Blogger's new template options. So um, I'll get back to you on that but don't you love those birds?

When I started this blog, I intended to make it about James/Baltar, pretty much 50/50. After BSG ended, I've realized I'm just going to be writing about whatever role James is currently doing, and James in general. I'm still a big Baltar fan, but since I'm not watching BSG episodes constantly, he fades into the background and James comes into focus in a ripe, delicious... I mean, um, admirable way. I could rename the blog James Callis something, but I'd have to change the url and move it to another location. Plus then I'd be confused with James Callis First Unofficial Website and All Things James Callis.

Baltarstar is a word he coined himself; it sets a silly tone, which is fitting. It doesn't suggest "OMG official James Callis website get your facts here". It's more like "A crazy fan writes about her personal oddities", which is closer to what the blog actually is. As long as Baltar is James' biggest and most varied role, I am keeping the Baltarstar Blog. If and when he gets a main role as something else, I'll reconsider.

The picture in the right margin is apparently either ENORMOUS so that you can't see it at all, or TINY so that, well, you can't see it much anyway. But I'll keep a picture of Baltar there for now.

So let's celebrate our favorite arrogant, alcoholic, nymphomaniac, cowardly.... angel / scientist / farmer /cult leader. He may not always be admirable, but he's at least MANY things!

No comments: