Thursday, July 8, 2010

James Callis on Eureka: Sneak Peek!

Sneak peek! It looks a bit too small in the blog frame, so if that bugs, check it out here.



OK, this looks great! James' American accent sounds pretty solid now. I like the way the character is acting here; he doesn't seem overly aggressive or macho, and James is playing the amazement well. I'll be excited to see more of this!


Some more promo photos! I think there should be a rule from now on that James must have a cigarette in each picture, and preferably also hold the lighter to the viewers like that. Mmmmm. (I think I see the belly too, there. Maybe it's the vest, but then again maybe not. Droool. )


Why is this so sexy?! Is it the hat? The earnest look at the viewers? The suit? I can't figure it out, but either way GUSH!

A couple of other updates too:
A new interview. And what do you know, he quotes Shakespeare!

There's advice that Polonius gives Laertes in "Hamlet" where he essentially says, "Above all else, to thine own self be true." That's what you have to do. People can take you or leave you.

Heee! Oh, Professor James. It's good advice though, and something I wish I could live up to.
This is a lot more wry, and that's one of the reasons I really liked it. The lines are smart and funny, and the delivery is always perfect. I can hardly act next to Colin Ferguson because he has me laughing on stage, off stage.

I wish he'd mentioned that there was a lot of humor on BSG too, especially around Gaius. But it's fun to hear how the show cracks him up - I hope it'll be fun to watch too. What I've seen in my recent James searches is that the Eureka cast get along well and have fun making the show, and that's always a good sign.

No comments: