Monday, March 15, 2010

James Callis Joins Eureka!

Right after the FlashForward news - James joins another show, SyFy's Eureka!'
News link here.

Callis will appear during the show’s upcoming fourth-season as Dr. Grant, a former resident of the town whose return is a cause for alarm. His character will have a romantic interest in Allison Blake (Salli Richardson-Whitfield), which causes friction with Sherriff Jack Carter (Colin Ferguson).

Um. I'm ... actually not all that excited. *blush* I don't like Eureka, I only watched one episode and wasn't overly excited. But I think I'll get back to it and give it a chance now. I may not have a chance to get into it enough by the time he's on it, but I'll watch it later on DVD.

What I do feel excited over is that James is getting big roles now, not just one-episode guest stints. He "joins the cast", in both FF and Eureka. It's news that he joins a show. It's all over the entertainment sites. I feel he's really arrived. And I'm proud.

ETA: There's also an article at Airlock Alpha.


There might be some confusion with fans over how Callis can do both "FlashForward" and "Eureka." However, according to reports, Callis only had a short-term recurring role in the ABC series when it returns this week, and his production work on that season has already ended.

Yes, we may wonder, and I'm just a bit confused about the FF role now. How big can the role be if they're still shooting it and yet he's already moved on to Vancouver? Of course, since FF might not make it to the second season, it's not like he can count on that show to put his kids through college. Even if FF does go to season two, there's time to do Eureka in between. Hmmm.

I'm not against him doing Eureka, even if I'm not a huge fan of the show. It could be quirky and fun. However, I hope his role on FF is as cool as they've touted.

1 comment:

Nicole Anell said...

I'm not fond of "Eureka" either, but I'm very excited for him having a big role on the show and not just a guest spot.