Monday, October 12, 2009

James Canis?

Do you think James looks like this dog (canis lupus familiaris)? I think he looks a lot like this dog (canis lupus familiaris) (long-haired dachshund).

Note the prominent chest hair, silky long hair by the ears, warm and intelligent brown eyes and the nose shape. Admittedly, the nose is a bit too long, but there's a definite similarity there. Dachshunds are known for their low stature, and James is a short guy, so it seems to fit.

I've added a poll to the right margin, just for fun. Let me know if you agree, or if I'm just obsessed with dogs.

PS: two Cavils on the prowl.

EDIT: Poll results

Well, no mass of votes flooded into the poll, but here are the results:

Hmm, now that you mention it... 3
OMG! James Canis! 1
What are you on?! 1
Total votes 5

I'm glad that 4 out of 5 voters do seem to see the canine nature of our James. The problem is: he just cut his hair! So is he a short-haired dachshund now?

No comments: