Friday, December 19, 2008

"I Know Who You Are Felix."

Edited on 7th February 2009: This post is about the preview. If you want to read more about the actual scene in Blood on the Scales, see the post here.

You know, I've been a bit nervous about the lack of Baltar in the new "season" promos, but today we got a Baltar-centric clue in the You Will Know the Truth section. Gaeta is talking to Baltar - somewhere, about - something, and says eventually he hopes people will know who he is. As the screen goes black, we hear a whisper from Baltar: "I know who you are Felix." I don't have technical words in my vocabulary to describe how the whisper sounds, but it sounds frakking awesome.

As usual, the clue evokes more questions than it answers:
Where are they? Is this a brig? Interrogation room? Private quarters?
Is Baltar a prisoner or are they just having a heart to heart?
Is Baltar scared of or just feeling sorry for Gaeta?
And most of all, of course - what does "who I am" refer to? Is it a fifth cylon red herring - or a tip that he is the fifth cylon - or a reference to his sexuality... There are so many options.

I, for one, would be incredibly happy if Felix Gaeta turned out to be the final cylon. But I'm not holding out any hope for that.

To be perfectly honest, I don't care who the final cylon is, and I think this "Who shot JR" guessing game is below the show. Every single character has been suggested by now, no matter how minor, and in some way they'd all be disappointing. I hope the "new season" will blow my socks off with the metaphysical stuff and unravel some of the mysteries, but as for the fifth cylon? I just hope the reveal is over and dealt with as soon as possible, so we can focus on something else.

On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to seeing more interaction between Baltar and Gaeta.

No comments: